Do you have clutter in your house so that when you open up closets or cupboards items fall out?
Do you need to spend lots of time straightening things up and sorting through all of the clutter to find the things that you need?
When you are home using things from your cupboards do you end up with mess all around you?
Do you find that when an unexpected guest arrives you need to spend time tidying up before you let them into your house?
It is important to remember that as mess and clutter pile up in our lives it is known to cause stress to our bodies and psyche.
Looking at clutter around us can bring depression and hence it is so important take steps to deal with it.
Have you wondered why your kids don’t play with all of their toys in the den or their bedroom?
Could the answer be that even the kids feel overwhelmed with the amount of toys that they have to choose from. Could the clutter of toys be too much for the children to deal with?
What about all of the excuses that we use to prevent us from getting rid of them?
- “My sister gave me that gift how can I just throw it away?”
- “My best friend gave me this as a gift. If I give it away then she may find out!”
- “I paid so much for this! How can I just give it to someone else?”
It is important to remember to begin to think about what is important to you and your own health. What is important to you? What makes you happy?
Your home is the place where you should be able to relax, feel comfortable and to recharge to go back out to face the world.
So before you begin the process of clearing the clutter you need to come up with a plan of attack.
Some points to keep in mind:
- Keep the most used items in the handiest places. For instance, keep your makeup near the mirror where you apply it.
- Keep similar items together. Keep all of your garden tools in one place so you can easily find them when you are gardening.
- If you don’t like it, use it or need it then get rid of it. Either give it away, throw it away or sell it.
- If you want to keep it, but do not use it that often then pack it up in a box and put away in the garage or attic. Make sure that you label the box so you know what is in the box. This way you will know where it is to use when you need it.
So why not take these tips and see how you can apply them in your own home.